You can embed an Open in Coder Enterprise button onto your project's README file or documentation to provide developers with a one-click way to start contributing. When a developer clicks on the embedded button, their environment will use the image as you've configured it and automatically pull in the repository.
- Have Git and SSH installed on your image
- Provide your Coder SSH key to the service of your choice (See Linking Accounts). This is required for anyone who wants to use the button to launch a project using the provided image and repo.
Creating the Embedded Button's Code
Coder Enterprise can automatically generate the code you need to embed the Open in Coder Enterprise button.
To begin, log into Coder Enterprise and click *Images to see a list of images available. Find the image you're interested in, and click its name to open.
In the toolbar near the top, click Embed. This launches the screen where you can generate the code you need to add the Embed button to your Git repo.
You'll be asked to provide the following information:
- The Image Tag you want to use
- The Git Service you're using
- Your Git Repository URI (e.g.,
Once you've provided all of these values, Coder automatically generates the Markdown or the HTML you need to embed the button. Copy the snippet, and paste onto the doc where you want to embed the button.
You can change the display text of the button by modifying the Markdown or HTML snippets.